20 Questions for a New Year’s Eve Reflection aka my 39th year.
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
Baby Mae Anne Miyan was born! Successful VBAC FTW!
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
Dealing with insurance and financial issues for medical coverage and subsequent medical bills.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Having the sweetest “easiest” infant.
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?
How much it would hurt to separate from my oldest daughter. Seeing and feeling her pain of not being able to be with me in the same way after the baby was the greatest heart ache I have ever felt. She was so brave. This was the first time that I could do nothing to ease her pain, her first pain of change. The loss of “Mama and Hunter” was rough.
5. Pick three words to describe 2011.
shift, growth, exhale
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2011 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).
explosive, chaotic, content
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2011 (again, without asking).
focused, solid, crazy
8. What were the best books you read this year?
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
Hunter Rose, my daughter
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?
Allowing myself to let my birth be what it was meant to be and facing my fears and demons of taking control of my own birth experience.
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I cracked my ability to be pro-active and take control in spite of fear. I suppose that is courage? Oh man is there A LOT more of that needed!
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?
I was able to let go and relax SOOOOO MUCH MORE!!! Trust was in my blood! I pushed for what I wanted. I did everything possible to get the results that I believed to be optimal, and was perfectly ok that it didn’t quite work out the way I planned. (even though to an outsider it may not have looked that way…or should I say to my Mom.)
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
Ummmm….I spread wider than I have ever ever EVER have before to let my little baby girl come out of me. Wow is that birthing thing INSANE! I also experienced substantial pain 3 different times: in labor, post-partum due to my sacrum going wacky, and an infection in my impacted wisdom tooth.
Being in pain is perhaps the biggest teacher you can have in terms of recognizing the value of your body and our ability to see things from a whole new perspective and not take things for granted.
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
I continue to see myself reflected through the eyes of my daughter. I see my shortcomings in the way that I communicate as well as how impatient and selfish I can be and how those actions deeply affect another human being. I have begun the process of refining my reactions and choosing new ways of communicating for every thing that I say or do I can see clearly in the eyes of my oldest daughter.
15. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
Freedom to do it at any time any place.
Engagement with both of my communities (new media peeps and online/offline students)
Inspiration to continue what I’m doing and the vast amount of possibilities to sustain and live off of the way that I want to work and how I want to work.
16. What was the most challenging part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
Not being able to follow through when I was inspired. 95% of the time I was interrupted by one of my daughters and I was unable to continue what I needed to do for my own business. No shipping for me
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
Netflix (although at the same time, it was my lifesaver)
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?
Refining my workflow from Macbook to iPhone. I adore my tech!
19. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?
I feel myself coming back to myself. I actually know I’ll be coming out of my Mama cave Oh, and that whole giving birth thing TOTALLY INSANE!!!! Holy cow!!!
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2011 for you.
Shift Happens. I knew this was the statement that would encompass 2011, which is why I put it one my birthday T-shirt. It all began in January when we found out we were pregnant…..and man have things definitely shifted!
So how about that! I think I liked year 39 😀
Are you up for doing a little 20 questions for your 2011? If you are, post your answers in the comments OR post a link to your post! I’d LOVE to read about your year!
♥ Hugs ♥